By the time you’re hearing this episode, I’m a newly aged 35-year-old woman.
My year from 34 to 35 has been one of tremendous growth.
Not from a business or material standpoint, but from an internal one.
It’s been a year of reflection, trusting the unknown, and having faith.
It was a tough year personally and I was forced to do things I didn’t plan to.
I was forced to slow down when I didn’t want to. I was forced to be content, which is something I struggled with.
The growth I’ve experienced in the past year has had a huge impact on the money lessons I’ve accumulated over my 35 years of life.
In this episode, I’m sharing some of the biggest money lessons I learned by 35. I have a feeling the lessons will keep coming!
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [02:55] On this City Girl Solutions’ segment, I’m sharing whether to set up bill-pay through your bank or automatic payments through each company.
- [07:43] Money isn’t what brings happiness, but it can allow you to do and purchase the things that do bring you overall happiness.
- [12:15] Contributing to a 401k plan at age 21 was the best thing I did for my finances. I didn’t do a lot of things right back then, but I did that right!
- [17:09] Love to travel? It’s okay to visit the same place multiple times, especially if that place brings you joy.
- [21:05] I no longer believe starting a business is for everyone. I think personal wants and characteristics may warrant working for someone else.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love Raya and City Girl Savings!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more people — just like you — to make the best money moves as they make their way to their dream life.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. So many great episodes are on the way and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Listen to Episode 30 – Vacation Planning on a Budget
Listen to Episode 53 – My Personal and Business Goals for 2023
Save money with Oportun! Get a free $5 on me!
Listen to Episode 70 – My Budget Non-Negotiables
Get your question answered on the podcast! Ask your question here.
Struggling with your finances? Request a call with me (and get a budget)!
Follow City Girl Savings on Instagram
Follow City Girl Savings on TikTok
Join the City Girl Savings Facebook Group
Subscribe to the City Girl Savings Newsletter!