It took me a handful of money mistakes to realize that I’d rather spend my money on new experiences and places instead of spending it on material things. Thankfully, vacation planning on a budget is a thing!
I’ve learned that I personally love experiencing new places, new foods, and new cultures. And the funny thing is, the more I travel, the more I want to travel.
As a money coach, I know the importance of budgeting for a vacation.
In this episode, I’m sharing how I plan and save for travel, and a few of my favorite budget friendly vacation destinations.
If you want to travel but you’re worried about your budget, I’ve got you covered! Listen to learn all about vacation planning on a budget!
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [02:16] When it comes to budgeting for a vacation, I plan out all the expenses ahead of time. Then, the first purchase for me is always the flight tickets.
- [05:15] If there is not an affordable hotel through my rewards program (Marriott Bonvoy), then I use Orbitz or Expedia to find reasonable (but nice) accommodations.
- [07:50] An important step in my vacation budgeting process is to also price out any expenses I’ll have during the trip. I do this as early as possible so I can save accordingly.
- [11:50] Some of my top tips for helping you plan a vacation while on a budget.
- [14:40] I share some of my favorite budget-friendly travel destinations – both national and international.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love Raya and City Girl Savings!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more people — just like you — to make the best money moves as they make their way to their dream life.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. So many great episodes are on the way and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Hopper, flight-price tracking
Viator for activities while on vacation
Use Digit to save for travel (get $5 on me)!