Everyone knows they should be saving money, but most people don’t take it a step further and specify what that savings should be for.
I’ve worked with clients who would save money consistently, but never had a strategy around that savings.
There are certain things everyone should be saving for, but it’s not always clear what those things should be.
Don’t get me wrong, saving money just to save money is better than the alternative – not saving money at all, but when you don’t have a purpose for your savings, it can be easy to spend it on things you don’t necessarily need.
If you’re unsure about what to save for, in this episode, I’m sharing 8 things everyone should be saving for over time.
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [01:47] In this episode’s City Girl Solutions question, I’m sharing what I think about Dave Ramsey and his teachings.
- [04:00] Believing that you are capable of achieving the things you want out of life is a huge part of actually achieving them.
- [08:45] Stop what you’re doing and go contribute to a retirement plan – through your employer (if available) or through an IRA (if your employer doesn’t have a plan).
- [13:09] A dream vacation is worth saving for. While other priorities may come first, don’t rob yourself of an amazing travel experience.
- [17:00] One thing that we all should be working towards is a life free of debt.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love Raya and City Girl Savings!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more people — just like you — to make the best money moves as they make their way to their dream life.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. So many great episodes are on the way and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Listen to Episode 53 – My Personal and Business Goals for 2023
Listen to Episode 44 – Why You Need to Think About Retirement Now
Betterment is a great way for beginners to start investing
Listen to Episode 12 – An Introduction to Travel Hacking
Get your question answered on the podcast! Ask your question here.
Learn more about my 1-on-1 money coaching program.
Struggling with your finances? Request a call with me (and get a budget)!
Follow City Girl Savings on Instagram
Follow City Girl Savings on TikTok