Elina Geller of The Miss Miles is a travel rewards coach who helps women travel the world in luxury, for next to nothing!
Elina shares that, in her opinion, travel-hacking is using airline miles and hotel points to travel for free.
The main benefit of travel-hacking is the ability to travel in luxury, at no cost, because you used your credit cards for your normal spending.
Elina herself used travel hacking to fly her and her mom to London in luxury, at no cost. She used it to travel business class from Amsterdam to Texas to attend FinCon. Every time she flies, it’s on points.
When you’re travel-hacking, you’re not spending any money on flights or hotels for vacation. This allows you to enjoy the trip and focus on staying in budget for your spending.
If you have a trip you’re going on and want to try travel-hacking, Elina shares her tips for racking up the most points possible in preparation.
Elina and I also spend time talking through the importance of traveling and how it truly does broaden a person’s perspective. When you travel, your mind becomes more open to what’s outside of your normal place and routine.
Elina makes it a point to ensure that women know that they can travel in luxury and not have to worry about the cost – you don’t have to be “rich” to travel and experience what the world has to offer!
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [04:30] Elina takes the time to break down travel-hacking so that everyone can understand the concept.
- [07:37] Elina shares how many countries she’s traveled to (and it’s a lot) along with some of her favorite places to visit.
- [16:32] When you do travel-hacking the right way, you’re not spending money on flights but on the experience of the trip.
- [26:26] Leverage a “points mule” to help you rack up points in preparation for a trip you want to travel-hack.
- [33:26] Elina shares why traveling is such an important thing for people to do, even if they don’t think they can travel as frequently as others.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love Raya and City Girl Savings!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more people — just like you — to make the best money moves as they make their way to their dream life.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. So many great episodes are on the way and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Follow Elina on Instagram
Interested in her offer?! DM her on Instagram to learn more!
Earn 75,000 bonus points with the Amex Bonvoy Card!