I think there’s a common misconception that if you’re frugal, you’re cheap.
You don’t spend money on things you enjoy and you never leave the house. NOT TRUE!
Living a frugal life means you’re intentional with your money decisions and you tend to only spend on things that matter or spark joy.
Let’s release the stigma around frugality and work towards leading a more financially-intentional life.
One person who seems to do this well is Vee Weir from Vee Frugal Fox and Founder of Weir Digital Marketing!
In this episode, Vee is sharing her financial freedom journey, how she happily leads a frugal life and all the roadblocks along the way.
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [03:40] Vee shares her story working towards financial freedom and how Dave Ramsey played a role in her journey.
- [10:25] Vee paid off over $50,000 in debt in about a year. She breaks down some of the lessons learned during that year.
- [21:08] Frugality is akin to values-based spending and Vee talks about how the two ways of being are connected.
- [33:45] Budgeting can be as simple or as complicated as you make it. Vee opens up about meeting budgeting wherever you’re at.
- [43:00] Vee shares how her money conversations changed throughout her two marriages.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love Raya and City Girl Savings!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more people — just like you — to make the best money moves as they make their way to their dream life.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. So many great episodes are on the way and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Follow Vee on Instagram
Get your question answered on the podcast! Ask your question here.
Struggling with your finances? Request a call with me (and get a budget)!
Follow City Girl Savings on Instagram
Follow City Girl Savings on TikTok
Join the City Girl Savings Facebook Group
Subscribe to the City Girl Savings Newsletter!