Have you been wanting to start a business, but you struggle to decide if you can do it with your day job?
Starting a business is a huge deal, but it doesn’t have to be a hard process!
I started City Girl Savings when I had a full-time job in corporate America.
I’m not going to lie to you and say it was easy managing both, but it gave me time to grow my business without having to worry about how my bills would be covered.
If anyone is considering starting a business, nine times out of ten, I’d recommend they start it when they have their normal job.
The early stages of business are so unknown, so having the stability of your other job can be comforting in so many ways.
In this episode, I’m sharing why you should start a business when you have a day job. My hope is that this episode empowers you to take a leap of faith and just start!
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [05:06] When you’re just starting out with your business, being able to grow it without worrying about money can be a game-changer for success.
- [06:35] Before you leave your full-time job, get clear on your financial goals. How much do you want saved? How much do you want your business to earn?
- [10:48] No one knows what the future holds, but when you start a business with a day job, you can test out multiple scenarios to see what you really want.
- [13:00] People don’t buy from you to make you feel better. They purchase because of the problem you’re solving or the help you’re giving.
- [16:20] Your time management skills are tested when you start a business with a day job, but the rewards are worth the effort.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love Raya and City Girl Savings!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more people — just like you — to make the best money moves as they make their way to their dream life.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. So many great episodes are on the way and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Listen to Episode 19 – Is Starting a Business Really for You?
Listen to Episode 7 – 10 Biggest Lessons Learned from Running My Business
Get your question answered on the podcast! Ask your question here.
Struggling with your finances? Request a call with me (and get a budget)!
Follow City Girl Savings on Instagram
Follow City Girl Savings on TikTok