I see it all the time – whether it’s my clients, my friends or myself, we’re constantly putting other people’s needs and feelings above our own. They don’t make happiness a priority for themselves.
While both men and women do this, it’s especially prominent in women.
We make sure everyone else is okay, leaving our own happiness on the backburner.
At the end of the day, I firmly believe that our own individual happiness should be a top priority.
This will make it so much easier to help other people we care about.
In this episode, I’m sharing why your happiness should be first priority and how to make sure you’re putting yourself first without making other people feel neglected.
There are things we can all do to make sure we prioritize our own happiness. And remember, It’s so much harder to fill someone else’s cup when your own cup is empty.
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [02:25] If we can’t love ourselves and prioritize our own happiness, how can we expect others to?
- [04:24] A common misconception about prioritizing your happiness means that you’re selfish. This is not the case, but communication can make all the difference.
- [09:15] Doing things that make you happy helps in so many ways, just make sure these things are included in your budget.
- [10:37] Working towards goals that matter to you is a great way to prioritize your own happiness.
- [12:00] Share with friends and family that you’re prioritizing yourself. Your happiness should also mean something to them.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love Raya and City Girl Savings!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more people — just like you — to make the best money moves as they make their way to their dream life.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. So many great episodes are on the way and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Get your question answered on the podcast! Ask your question here.
Struggling with your finances? Schedule a free financial focus call with me!
Follow City Girl Savings on Instagram
Follow City Girl Savings on TikTok