Though it may not seem like it, I’m actually a very private person. I definitely have a subconscious guard up and it’s been that way for as long as I can remember. However, I’m working on breaking that guard down! One way I’m doing that is by sharing this episode. I’m pulling back the curtain that is my life and getting intimate. I’m sharing stories about my past and how they’ve shaped me today, so you can get to know me, Raya, founder of City Girl Savings on a much more personal level. What has helped me get intimate is this community. The City Girl Savings community is judgement-free, inspiring and willing to talk about anything. I hope you enjoy learning a little more about me.
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [03:45] I had the best dad in the world, but his actions as a husband to my mom gave me trust issues with other relationships.
- [11:20] Oh to be young again. Where the worst thing that could possibly happen is not making the cheerleading team and having braces…or is that just me?
- [18:13] My first *almost brush with experiencing loss happened during a road trip to California with my mom. My dad gave me advice I wouldn’t need until his passing years later.
- [28:30] My first job out of college was a strategic one for other goals, but a terrible one for financial stability.
- [40:00] Cleaning up the work on my dad’s businesses allowed me to learn how I could start my own business (City Girl Savings).
- [49:14] I share what’s next for me and what I plan on working towards.