If you know my story, then you know that life did not go according to how I originally planned it to. But you know what? I’m not alone! A lot of people experience unplanned pivots in life. Being able to recognize when you need to pivot and then embrace that pivot is key to keeping spirits high. The ability to adapt to changing circumstances is so important and today’s guest Bailey Lang of The Writing Desk shares how she has been able to do it with grace and ease. Life has thrown Bailey some major curveballs, but she’s been able to catch them and create a life that brings her joy.
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [03:25] Bailey’s first marriage ended when her husband passed away. She had to learn how to take care of herself financially in a short amount of time.
- [11:25] Death changes a person. Bailey shares what she learned about herself during her experience with losing a husband.
- [19:50] Bailey talks about starting a business as a “test” to help combat the fear of starting a business and not knowing if it will work.
- [32:50] Being willing to change isn’t always easy. Bailey shares her tips for those who struggle with embracing change.
- [42:55] Do the work up front to prepare for taxes as a business owner. This will help you sustain your dream of working for yourself.