Making the decision to invest in your personal growth and development can be difficult. Especially when that investment is in financial coaching. If you need financial coaching, you probably feel like you’re already not good with money – and now you have to pay money to get better with it. It’s a catch-22 and I get it! However, instead of looking at it as another expense, you need to look at it as an investment in improving your financial situation through tailored guidance, knowledge and accountability. I’ve worked with hundreds of clients and their investments have all paid off. Today, I’m interviewing a recently graduated CGS coaching client to talk about how she made the decision to invest in financial coaching and how it changed her life. Vanessa Garcia is a Gen-X Latina out of New York City. When she came to me via a free financial focus call, she had already tried everything she could to change her situation and needed some outside help. Over our time together, she paid off most of her debt, boosted her credit score over 50 points, and put herself in a position to get her own place! Learn from Vanessa how investing in financial coaching can truly pay off!
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [05:50] Vanessa is the daughter of immigrant parents. She shares some of the financial principles that were instilled in her as a child.
- [12:00] Co-dependency is real and can keep women stuck in situations that don’t help them. Vanessa talks about how this happened to her and what it meant to break free.
- [18:45] Spending money on things she didn’t need and doing things that didn’t help her health were filling a void that only Vanessa could break.
- [28:15] Vanessa shares how Raya took budgeting and broke it down in a way that made it much less intimidating and much more realistic to implement.
- [38:10] Life is now worth living and Vanessa shares how grateful she is to have gone through a financial coaching program that changed her life.