“There is a direct correlation between how financially organized you are and how financially well off you are.” Alaina Fingal is an accountant, certified financial coach, author, content creator and founder of The Organized Money. Her YouTube channel “The Organized Money” has amassed over 68,000 subscribers and 4 million views. Alaina has made it her mission to help people how to plan a life that they love through their routines, get financially organized, and make money while they sleep. Alaina shares her story on how she began her planning journey! She also shares how planning your life and your money go hand in hand. Along the way, Alaina breaks down the concept of “glass balls” and “rubber balls” to identify the things that matter most to you. She also goes into detail about leveraging a “hybrid” approach to planning – using both digital and physical resources to get the most of your planning efforts. Alaina is giving CGS Podcast listeners the chance to join The Organized U at a discount! This special lasts through January 31, 2022.
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [01:38] Alaina breaks down the exact moment when she knew planning was a necessity for her and how The Organized Money came to be.
- [08:55] Learn the best tips for getting started with planning when you have no idea where to start.
- [15:32] We’re all juggling different things but look at your life’s areas as “balls” to help you focus on what’s most important.
- [27:26] How to make using a physical planner more consistent or opting to go digital for your planning needs, and the pros and cons of each. Leverage a “hybrid” approach to get the best of both worlds.
- [39:00] The importance of planning summed up in one sentence.