Have you ever wondered what a money coach gives and asks for Christmas?
Well, you’ll learn today! While I love every holiday following the Fall season, Christmas holds a special place in my heart.
Growing up, it was a time of the year that brought so much joy – not because of the gifts, but just the energy from that time of year.
I would sit at home, alone, watching Christmas cartoons, just sitting next to the lit-up Christmas tree and would feel pure bliss.
As an adult, I still feel bliss sitting next to the tree!
In this episode, I’m sharing what Christmas is like as a money coach – the things I give and what I usually ask for.
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [01:35] If you’re listening to the episode right when it airs, then Merry Christmas! Raya is wishing you a wonderful holiday season!
- [03:37] As Raya got older, she started putting more thought into the gifts she would give. The focus would be on things people needed or that reminded her of them.
- [06:03] There was a time, specifically college years, where Raya would constantly exceed her spending limit for Christmas, but mostly on buying herself material things.
- [09:04] A rule of thumb in Raya’s family for spending money on Christmas gifts is to stay within $100 per person for gifts.
- [11:33] Raya always asks for Starbucks gift cards for Christmas, because it’s money well spent and will help her stick to the budget during the start of the year.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love Raya and City Girl Savings!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more people — just like you — to make the best money moves as they make their way to their dream life.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. So many great episodes are on the way and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Struggling with your finances? Request a call with me (and get a budget)!
Follow City Girl Savings on Instagram
Follow City Girl Savings on TikTok
Join the City Girl Savings Facebook Group
Subscribe to the City Girl Savings Newsletter!