Just 3 months before you’re listening to this episode, my sweet, kind, genuine mom, my last parent passed away.
She had been terminally ill for years and it finally took her.
10 years before that, my dad was killed by a drunk driver at 4 in the afternoon on a road he’d driven on just about daily for 25 years.
Those are two of the worst things that have ever happened to me.
And unfortunately, there were a lot of hard things that happened in between.
But you know what? I’m still standing.
In this episode, I’m sharing why I 100% believe that adversity breeds resilience and how I have been able to get through some of the worst times of my life.
My hope is that this episode encourages you to keep on keeping on, even through your worst times.
Not every day is easy, but here are a few things that have helped me when going through my most challenging times:
- Walking to the sunrise every morning
- Daily Devotionals, especially on grief and challenging times
- Listening to meditations and higher-power messages (I really liked this one)
- Journaling my thoughts and feelings
- Letting those close to me know when I’m having sad days
If you’re going through hard times, I’m praying for courage to power through, wisdom to know there’s something good on the other side, and grace to allow yourself to get through the best you can.
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- [02:20] We can choose to give in to the hard times, or we can choose to power through. Not every day has to be perfect, but every day we get to choose.
- [05:35] You can triumph in tragedy. Raya shares how the passing of her father opened the door for City Girl Savings to become a reality.
- [09:27] Staying positive is SO much easier said than done. But, Raya is saying it anyway. Staying positive can make or break an already-trying time.
- [13:37] Raya shares some of the things that helped her get through some of her most challenging times.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love Raya and City Girl Savings!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more people — just like you — to make the best money moves as they make their way to their dream life.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. So many great episodes are on the way and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Struggling with your finances? Request a call with me (and get a budget)!
Follow City Girl Savings on Instagram
Follow City Girl Savings on TikTok
Join the City Girl Savings Facebook Group
Subscribe to the City Girl Savings Newsletter!
Check out the City Girl Savings blog!